What an amazing weekend!
It was a whirlwind and I’ll try to provide a proper post as soon as possible, but for the time being, here are some links:
- Times-Picayune staffers moving out, on (Baton Rouge Advocate. This story is my favorite so far, and written by Kari Dequine Harden, a laid-off Times-Picayune reporter who’s been hired by the Advocate for its new daily New Orleans edition, which began home delivery today in response to the T-P’s retrenchment.)
- New Orleans Times-Picayune prints last daily edition amid shift to digital news (The Guardian U.S.)
- For New Orleans, a Daily That’s No Longer Daily (The New York Times)
- Former and Current Times-Picayune staffers bid farewell to daily paper (WWL-TV, New Orleans’ CBS affiliate and longtime market leader)
- Longtime reporters say goodbye to life at the Times-Picayune (St. Charles Herald Guide)
- Times-Picayune prints last daily edition (Poynter.org)
- Press-ing On (NOLADefender.com)
- The Times-Picayune’s Final Daily Edition (NOLADefender.com)
And from earlier:
- The Fight to Save The Times–Picayune (Gambit, New Orleans’ alternative weekly)
- Death of a Daily: When the End Began for Times-Picayune Staffers (New Orleans magazine)
Thanks again … updates on money raised and photos of the amazing, bittersweet weekend ASAP.